Saturday, November 17, 2007

Best Ruined Surprise Ever

I was really looking forward to this weekend - I had big plans for Friday about how I was going to go to work and then rush back and change into my fabulous outfit for the Coming Out Ball (tagline: "Come As You Aren't"). Then I got sick. I had a touch of it on Wednesday, an it just got worse, peaking sometime late on Thursday and early Friday. So, I missed work, and I missed the dance. That was rather disappointing.

Then, probably about 5:30, when I'm just sitting around trying to breathe (it's hard to do when you're congested, you know) and watching some people play D&D, I get a call from Samantha. She's at Chick-Fil-A, and she wants to know where I am. She's such a sweetheat - not knowing that I was too ill to go in, she decided that she's come by and surprise me at work. But I wasn't there so it completely ruined her surprise! I felt bad about that, of course, and especially about the bit where I didn't go in because I was sick. I made sure to tell her, but she didn't care, and came across the way to campus just to see me.

We sat around and just talked for a while (it was very nice), until it got a bit later, and then she kind of forced me to eat something. I mean, you know how it is when you're sick - your body just don't feel like eating, even if you know in your mind that you ought to be hungry. It had been about 7 hours since I'd eaten last, so we ended up going to the Chinese place across the street, and then just spending a little more time together. It was a fantastic time.

After that, I went back to the suite, and me and Shope and Jerry watched a couple episodes or Fawlty Towers, talked about geeky stuff for just a little while, and then I kind of kicked them out so I could try to get a good night's rest. It took me a long time before I could actually get to sleep, but when I did I slept pretty well, and now I'm feeling well enough to go in to work.

And on that note, I must be off to work now.

PLUR!

No comments: