Friday, July 30, 2010

My dreams would make an interesting "Syfy" original movie

I posted this on another site earlier, so it may be a little familiar, but I wanted to put it here so it was in a slightly more permanent medium.

My dreams are...unusually cinematic!

I dreamt that Robert Sean Leonard was the Green Knight, "the impregnable warrior" who could not be wounded, and he was challenged by "The Alien Terror" - a half-predator gladiator from one of the Rim planets (the result of a genetic hybrid program instituted as a last-ditch effort to oppose the Alliance. It resulted in only one viable warrior, however, and he was mentally unstable and had a bestial intelligence, and either escaped or was "liberated" in the chaos at the end of the war) so strong he could go through anyone's stomach with a single punch. Friar Tuck was the leader of the "resistance" that was loosely organized to oppose the Alien Terror and his tyrannical masters. Friar Tuck had been enchanted (cursed?) so that he was half-bear; his robe (which was actually an outer layer of his own flesh) was of living bear hide, and provided him better protection that human skin, but was also scarred and tattered from past fights he'd gotten in.

Dramatic tension ensued when it was discovered that magic was actually a by-product of a future technology that - when finally discovered - would end up destroying the world, and then just before the confrontation between the Green Knight and the Alien Terror, the dream narrator (me, I guess!) was accidentally sent through space and time to 2006, in the town I grew up in. I ended up in the closet of a friend of mine, somehow having interpreted a cryptic statement from Friar Tuck to mean that I had to cause minor changes in history to prevent a falling-out between my friend and her mother that would lead to us not talking for years - a silence that would, somehow, cause her to begin developing the technology that would destroy Earth and other planets (and when accidentally jettisoned in another time era, would become the source of magic).

Over the course of the night I worked as quickly and quietly as I could to make the necessary changes without waking her up, and then retreated back to the closet when she seemed about to wake up. A little while longer passed and I thought I was alone in the room, so I decided it was time to sneak out and try to find a way back to my own post apocalyptic sci-fi-fantasy-western time era. I opened the closet door and stepped out into the room, and my friend said, "thanks for trying to work quietly last night" (she had been sitting - just out of sight - around the corner of her dresser)! But before I could respond to her, or find out if future-me interacting with past-her would cause a time paradox (especially since past-me lived close by), my alarm clock went off and I woke up!

So, obviously I remember parts of the dream better than others, but it was still a very strange experience, and I still remember it almost 12 hours later!

Also, I'm really intrigued about how and why the dream combined so many different fandoms (at the very least there was Firefly, Final Fantasy, Robin Hood, Quantum Leap, Predator, Terminator, and King Arthur), many of which I don't watch or read! O_o

No comments: