Sunday, March 22, 2009

Making the Living, Dead

A while ago I found this video on YouTube, and bookmarked it so that I'd be able to go back and take a look at it when I had a bit of time to devote to it. After finishing up a slew of homework assignments and a project for one of my profs, I had a few free hours this weekend to look into things. So I went down to my local craft store to pick up the supplies I'd need...only to find out that they don't carry products like liquid latex and costume makeup kits. I was very disappointed, naturally!

I'd really prefer not to wait until the Hallowe'en season to try to gather my supplies (after all, a truly good zombie costume is going to require a certain amount of practice, especially if I'm going to have to be doing my own "makeup"!), so does anyone know where I can get these sort of costume/craft supplies in the Triad area? The makeup and toilet paper should be easy enough to get, but at the moment I'm at a loss as to where I could find liquid latex at this time of year.

Also, for another costume project I've got in the planning stages, I'm going to need black and white makeup, and ideally hair coloring, too (also black and white). I haven't looked at Party City yet, but if someone has better tips for where I could get supplies like these on the cheap, I'd be happy to hear 'em!

PLUR!

No comments: