Sunday, July 20, 2008

I wish I had the other half

I was flipping through my journal (for Christmas last, I "gifted" myself with an authentic Moleskine journal - it was a vanity to be sure, but a guy's got to splurge every once in a while, right?) a few days ago, trying to find a page where I'd been doing some character planning for Beckett, who is one of my two favorite characters to play with (I'm a roleplayer, and completely unapologetic on that point!), when I came across a few excerpts of text from my IDS class last semester.

Although I'm on the cusp of (or perhaps even comfortably into) adulthood, I still derive a simple pleasure from passing notes to people. In my journal was half a note that I'd passed back and forth with MJ, a lovely and talented young woman that I didn't take nearly enough opportunities to try to befriend before we both graduated. I believe we started out talking about majors. Unfortunately, while I remember the situation, I can't remember a word that was written, aside from what I jotted down in my journal.

But I do have a tendency to ramble. On to the content.

"So, what you're telling me is that you think art is silly? And how does that make you feel?

[response]

I'm psych. Wanna switch? (smiley face)

[response]

That's really funny, because I love bad art!

[response]

In the town I grew up in, there were 3 churches - a Baptist, a Methodist, and a Jehovah's Witness.

[response]

BECAUSE THEY'RE AWESOME"

I WISH that I could remember what we were talking about, and I wish I had the other half of the note!

PLUR!

No comments: